PLEASE READ: Safety Measures at Treehouse Cabins in the time of COVID
All of us at Treehouse Cabins are monitoring the situation carefully and adjusting our response as circumstances change. Safety is our top priority and we are doing our best to balance the needs of guests with those of our staff and community.
"But we need a vacation now!"
We hear you loud and clear friends. With so many states and even counties opening up on different timelines and with different criteria it can be confusing for guests. We are staying closed until May 31st, 2020. A lot is being asked of us but perhaps patience is the hardest of all. On May 8th, North Carolina entered into the first phase of relaxing safety measures concerning the spread of COVID-19. If all goes well over the next 2 weeks with a consistent decline in cases and deaths (DEVASTATING), then we will enter into phase 2. It is in phase 2 when non-essential travel (TRAVEL TO TREEHOUSE CABINS) will again be restored.
Until then, it is vital for the health of our families and friends as well as our economy, that we unite in our resolve to stop the spread - now. The most valuable resource we have is our lives. Managing COVID is a like marathon, not a sprint. Please be well, be patient and read some more of our (amusing?) blogs or take a quiz (below) to help pass the time.
Read our article The New Normal in Vacation Land
Test your knowledge of COVID by taking this quiz
Risk Reduction Protocols
UPDATE: We have received COVID-19 safety training certification from the NC state initiative "Count On Me NC" and are following Airbnb's Advanced Cleaning Protocol.
1. We are keeping our staff and guests safe with CDC and NCDHHS recommended risk reduction cleaning and disinfection protocols, as well as adding buffers between guests of 48hrs. (Double the government recommendation).
2. As part of the Madison County COVID risk mitigation recommendations, we will be screening guests for their COVID risk with 5 questions prior to their booking and arrival.
3. Our housekeeping staff has been trained in the CDC's guidelines for disinfection and cleanliness. They have also elected to keep themselves safe by adhering to these safety recommendations and are screening themselves for illness before arriving on the property.
4. We have always offered self-check-in so you won't have any interaction with our staff and our cabins are 70-80 feet apart so it's unlikely you will bump into another guest.
5. In July and August, we are offering 1 week vacation packages with free goodies. Fewer people on the property means lower risk for all of us which translates to better health and a faster economic recovery!
6. COVID Cancellation Policy: Please read our cancellation policy before booking and know we will FULLY REFUND all reservations that become impacted by any future government-imposed travel restrictions due to COVID. For the moment we are accepting reservations on a limited basis and ask for your understanding and patience as we take each request case by case and respond to the situation moment by moment. We invite guests to consider trip insurance for cancellations due to other issues that may come up.